Tuesday, August 9, 2011

Hives!

Oh, how I despise them.  Sometimes I go years and sometimes just months between my chronic outbreaks. Well, I have had small ones here and there over the past few years, but this time they are getting out of control again.  So had to break down and go get some stronger meds at the doctor.  They always make me feel yucky, but will hopefully go away soon.

Hope asked yesterday how old I was.  So I told her.  She said, Oh good, then next time we go to Adventureland you will be able to ride then planes with me.  Dad had told her there was a sign saying you had to be under 55 to ride the planes.  I am guessing it meant 55 lbs and not by age.  :)  Anyway, she continued on and said that the boy she rode the planes with was now her boyfriend.  I asked her if she asked what his name was.  No, but I really liked him, so I think he is going to be my boyfriend now.  Oh boy.  I have a feeling 1st grade is going to be filled with lots of boyfriends.  We will see.  Stay tuned for further updates on this topic...

Anyway, I will share my Project 12 July sketch layout.  Here is the sketch it is based on.


And here is my layout...


It is kind of hard to see, but around the outside edge I decided to sew an alternating straight and zig-zag stitch.  I like how it added just a little more detail to the layout.

Of course, Hope was interested in what I was doing with my sewing machine.  So after I was done, we did some more sewing on paper.  She got to push the petal and choose what stitch it was going to be.  Now she wants to get it out all the time.




And just for fun, here is a card to share with you too.


I punched a circle from paper and ran it through my Xyron sticker maker.  I wasn't sure how to start the spiral, so I put a button in the middle and started wrapping around it, switching colors to get the variegated look of a lollipop.  When I got to the outside, just trim off edge.  Then carefully, peel off the button in the center and fill in with more baker's twine.  You could buy sucker sticks or here I used stickers from Pink Paislee.  The blue one was actually a 3-D sticker and I just peeled off the top layer to use on the card.  The pink one I left 3-D.

Alright, that is all I have for tonight!  Have a good one.

Darla



3 comments:

Heather said...

I love your color palette and the distressed, cozy feel of your layout! Beautiful!

Unknown said...

Love your take on the P12 sketch! Super cute! And the little one with the stitching is pretty adorable, too!

Davinie Fiero said...

My Morgan is going into second grade and she has never done the boyfriend thing. I think I'm glad, lol.

I love your interpretation of the sketch and the banner subtitle.

I also love that sweet lollipop card! Davinie

09 10