Friday, January 14, 2011

Ideas for 2011!

Last night I was reading the latest issue of Creating Keepsakes magazine, and they had layouts that were inspired by song titles and/or lyrics.  For several years now, I have had lots of songs that bring back certain memories, some good, some sad, some funny...you get the pictures.

So I decided that I wanted to try and complete some of these ideas into layouts in 2011.

Here are some of my songs:

Waitin on a Woman, by Brad Paisley:  This is a layout I want to create about my dad.  He had four daughters and of course mom, and was always waiting on us.  The video to this song shows a man sitting on a bench, and that is always where we would find dad, waiting.

The House that Built Me, by Miranda Lambert:  I love this song and it just reminds me of my childhood home, so I want to write some memories of home, growing up.

It Won't be Like this for Long, by Darius Rucker:  This song came out when we first started having potty training and severe sleeping issues with Hope, and I just kept telling myself it won't be like this for long (still waiting on a few things).  :)

The Dance, by Garth Brooks:  This reminds me of all the troubles we have weathered through the years, but we wouldn't be where we are today without those times.

I Saw God Today, by George Strait:  The first time I held Hope.

The Breath you Take, by George Strait:  Memories of Hope and how I want to cherish each of them.

Where I'm From, by Jason Michael Carroll or Small Town USA by Justin Moore:  This one is also out the small town where I grew up.

The Best Day, by Taylor Swift:  I love the story of this song about a mother and daughter.  Last summer I changed my schedule at work so I had one day off early and Friday's off so Hope and I could go to the pool.  The first day we went to the pool, she told me it was the Best Day Ever.  It was so awesome that we could have that fun day, and many more last summer.

Your Gonna Miss This, by Trace Adkins:  Again, more memories of Hope and the funny things she does that I will miss when she is grown.

She will be loved, not sure who sings this but it is several years old:  This was our first possible adoption baby that will always hold a special place in my heart.  I still remember her birthday, etc. and wonder and hope that she is loved.  I know her home life is not stable, so all I can do is pray that she is loved.

Ok, that is a lot to complete, so I don't plan on doing all of them in 2011, but now I have a list to reference when I come across the perfect photo(s) for each song.

Here is a layout I actually made last year, but I don't think I ever posted it because it was a gift for Joe for our Anniversary.  I was actually based on a song from the 1970 (love 70's music for some reason) by Orleans, called "Still the One".  After all these years, Joe is still the one for me.  :)


In the pictures it looks like a funny shadow running through the middle of the page, but it was actually black tulle I tied around the layout.


The heart was actually inspired by a card I saw in a magazine.


The papers were from an older Making Memories line.  I only had two papers, the die cut and one other paper.  The background was from Basic Grey.  Other supplies from Prima, Jenni Bowlin and SpellBinders (heart die cuts).


Well, I got off work a little early today, so going to edit some photos and enjoy some time before Hope gets home from school.  We have a play date to finish putting together the Toy Story lego train she got for her birthday.  It is pretty cute and I love building with Legos!

Darla


No comments:

09 10