Saturday, January 22, 2011

Getting Krafty!

I haven't made a layout in quite a while with Kraft cardstock, but last night I actually made several.


I really wanted the pictures to POP, since they were the main attraction of the layout.

Since I don't have a 12x12 printer, I cut a 12x4 piece of Kraft and printed my journaling on that and then trimmed it down to fit in the space to the left.



The "Passenger Ticket" was a Maya Road Kraft ticket.  Since it was the same color as the background, it didn't stand out very much.  I needed another pop of red, so I sprayed it with Glimmer Mist.  The chipboard letters were also kraft colored, so I sprayed them with Glimmer Mist too for the perfect match.

The small flag pick I made myself.  I found a flag image and printed it out on light weight paper.  I wrapped it around a toothpick and tied ribbon around it. 

The last small detail was the hand drawn line around the edge of the layout.  It just added a little something to hold it all together.  I fit 12 photos on here and they were all originally 4x6 photos with all of them trimmed slightly.  I had too many pictures I wanted to use, which happens a lot.  :)

I will share another layout tomorrow.  Have a good Saturday, and stay warm!

Darla

No comments:

09 10