Friday, June 4, 2010

Card 6 - Super Star

I really stretched my scraps from this paper line and created some fun cards.  This card I mixed in some Basic Grey (green background).  I also cut the chipboard sticker to fit onto a standard card size.


I also love to use BLING, so I just had to add a little to the card for that extra added touch.  As I finished up the card, it still "needed something".  So I used a fine tip black pen and drew a border around the outside of the card.  That one small simple detail really made the whole card come together.

I am so excited that this summer I am going to have Friday's off.  So Hope and I are going to be heading to the pool on those days.  I can't wait.  I think we are going to get a family pass, so we can go in the evenings  and weekends too if we want to.  I remember growing up (at least in Jr & Sr. HS) I practically lived at the pool, which is pretty amazing considering we lived in the country about 15 miles from the closest pool.  Before I could drive, my mom would take me to the pool, and once I could drive, I was there everyday.  There are a lot of songs I hear from the 80's that remind me of those days.  Ah, the memories...

So, here are to the memories I wish to create with Hope this summer!  Make a SPLASH!

Darla 

No comments:

09 10