Tuesday, June 1, 2010

Card 3 - Happy Birthday

These were scraps I had left over from the We R Memory Keepers papers I used for a project I made at The Scrappy Gourmet.  I also mixed in some of the exclusive We R Memory Keepers line offered by Archivers, since most of the colors matched the other line by the same company.  I love the bright colors, and knew they would be perfect for birthday cards.  


This card was inspired by a card submitted by Kim Moreno to Cards Magazine.  At the retreat (where I made this card), I received some birthday stickers and they were a perfect match with these papers.

On a side note, when I look through my magazines, I mark them with a post-it note to be cut out when I get the chance.  Usually, about once a month, I go through the magazines and cut out the pages I have marked.  Sometimes I like the entire card/layout, and other times it may be how the title was done, or a certain border/embellishment that I like.  After I cut out the pages, I use a 3-hole punch and add them to a binder.  I have the binder separated out into different categories:  titles, embellishments, tags, cards, borders, photo frames, mini albums, sketches, etc.

I draw a lot of inspiration from my binders.  I like to plan out my scrapbook pages when I am feeling creative, but still use various ideas from the pages I cut from the magazines.  So if you don't know what to do with all those old magazines, start going through them to find ideas and only keep the parts that really inspire you.  After I cut out the pages, I pass them on to my friends at work (who also scrapbook), so they might find something that inspires them too!

Happy Creating!

Darla


No comments:

09 10