Tuesday, June 8, 2010

Card 10 - Embossed Happy Birthday

I feel a pattern going on here!  This card was also super easy to make.



I used the Stampin Up Medallion background stamp with the embossing ink.  I then sprinkled on red embossing powder and used a heat gun to set the powder.  Once it cooled off, I added the black gems and stamped a sentiment.  You could use this basic card for any occasion, depending on the sentiment you added to it. 

This card was inspired by a thank you card submitted to Paper Crafts magazine, by Mary Bieber.

I didn't get my "happy birthday" stamped on very straight, so that is probably why I am always hesitant to stamp on my projects.  I guess I just need to practice more.  :)

On a side note, I have been working on a new project for The Scrappy Gourmet this past week.  It is a summer mini-album using the Pink Paislee 365 degree line.  I love the colors of this line and it goes great with all kinds of summer pictures.  I was waiting for my most recent order of pictures from Shutterfly to arrive (which arrived yesterday) and I can finish up the last of the project.  Can you believe I hadn't ordered pictures since the end of 2009.  That was a lot of pictures, including Disney.  It was exciting to look through all the pictures from Hope's birthday, Easter, Disney, Graduation and everything in between.

Darla  

No comments:

09 10