Wednesday, July 7, 2010

What was I thinking?

Some how I decided that I was brave enough to try and make a wedding cake.  My sister-in-law is getting married this Saturday and so i started the process last night making the fondant icing.  Tonight I am baking the cakes and putting them in the fridge.  Tomorrow night I will add the crumb icing and put back in the fridge til Friday.  Friday is when all the magic starts.  I have never made a wedding cake before, but everything seems to be coming together so far.  Say a few prayers that I will get it all done, and delivered in one piece.  Did I mention I live about 2 hours away?  What was I thinking!  :)

I promise to show pictures (if it doesn't flop).

Anyway, here is another card.



MME papers, MF chipboard flowers, shimmer cardstock from Archivers, American Crafts brad, Stampin Up rub on and Spare Parts ribbon.

I am off to take my last cake out of the oven and go to bed.  I have to work a partial day tomorrow and then  Joe and I are off to dinner for our 15 year wedding anniversary.  Where has the time gone?  Maybe I was just in the spirit of LOVE that made me decide to make the wedding cake.  

Goodnight!

Darla

No comments:

09 10