Monday, July 12, 2010

The Cake!

Well, I succeeded at making a wedding cake.  Here is is.






Now it wasn't perfect, but I thought it turned out pretty good for being my first ever wedding cake and I used fondant frosting.  The first batch ended up in the garbage and I ended up using the store bought kind.  This will likely be a one time thing, but it was fun to try.  I will probably stick to birthday cakes for the family from here on out.  :)

Here is a picture of the happy couple.  Congrats again you two!



Ok, on to scrappy stuff.  I am getting really excited about going to CHA.  You will probably get tired of hearing me talk about it.  I think I am just as excited about just getting out of town.  I love a girls weekend and it will be fun spending time with 2 of my sisters and sharing the passion we have for scrapbooking.


Ok, here are the last 2 cards using the MME papers.  Again, they were simple to make.  I also used Crate Paper Rub ons, and Glitz gems on the first card.


Sorry for the bad picture, but I only had time to take a picture on my i-phone.  I used Stampin up rubons, a clear button and a teal button, Glitz gems, and various punches for the scallop and straight ovals and the border punch.



Ok, here are the flowers Joe got me for our anniversary.  They were called tie-dye flowers, so they were all different colors.  I have no clue how they do this, but they are pretty neat.  The card above, was the card I gave to him for our anniversary.  





I guess love has been in the air with the wedding for his sister and our anniversary. 

Well, I guess that is all for tonight.  Next I will start sharing some cards I made with scraps from the Pink Paislee Amber Road collection.  

Goodnight!

Darla 


No comments:

09 10