Sunday, February 19, 2012

The eagle has landed!

It is that time of year again where millions are busy watching the Decorah Iowa eagle nest on the live camera.  Just the other night, the first egg was laid.  I was just randomly checking in and had just missed it by minutes.  The next egg is expected possibly tonight or most likely tomorrow.  Check it out here if you are interested.

Did some scrapbooking today after being busy cleaning and grocery shopping the past two days.  Looking forward to an upcoming retreat at the end of March.  I can't wait!  :)

Not much else going on, so will share some of those baby cards I made from the scraps of the layouts I shared in my last post.  The papers are from Simple Stories.

Both of these are similar.  The main focus of the card was using only one of the journal cards I cut from the paper.  The first one I added a button and ribbon, drew lines around the edge for an additional detail and added pearls in the corner.  Very quick and easy.


The next card I only added a few buttons and twine in addition to the pearls and drawn lines.  Again a very quick and easy card.


As I mentioned before, I did get a little card making in today too.  I was making cards using the Pink Paislee butterfly line from last year.  I had the 6x6 paper pack since it came out and decided it was time to use it up.  I am just finishing up the last of the cards.  Then I am going to switch gears and get back to making layouts.  I haven't made a layout for quite a while and am getting REALLY behind.  Oh well!

Have a good night and see you back here next time for some more Simple Story baby cards.

Good night!

Darla

No comments:

09 10