Saturday, February 4, 2012

35 cards and counting...

With my wonderful scrapbooking free time, I have managed to make at least 35 cards.  I didn't feel up to making any layouts, so I decided to focus on some of my paper scraps and make some cards.  I didn't get a chance to take photos of them yet, so I will start to share them soon.

My friend Evon came over tonight to keep me entertained while I scrapbooked.  She does quilting (which is a previous obsession of mine) and was asking all kinds of questions about my tools, techniques, etc.  She could totally become addicted if she just tried it.  :)

This was Hope last night before they got ready to leave...she really wanted to take her crown and was wearing it over her UNI hat.  Too funny!


The princess Panther fan...



Joe went to the UNI game this afternoon and it sure was an exciting game.  Since the game was sold out, I was also able to watch the game on TV.  I missed most of the first half because...



...I was outside shoveling our driveway (about 6 inches of snow).  It was heavy wet snow.  Luckily, one of our neighbors came out and helped me with the REALLY heavy stuff the snow plow had piled up at the end of the driveway.  Above is a picture of the trees in our back yard.  It was actually very beautiful to watch coming down.  It wasn't really blowing and there was a lot of large flakes just floating down to earth...but oh my aching back!

Luckily, I caught the end of the game, which was VERY exciting.  The panthers won with a last minute shot.  It was awesome.  I think I scared the dog by all my screaming.  :)

I went to UNI and was a member of Alpha Delta Pi sorority.  I have had these sorority stickers for years and thought I would make a set of cards with them.  Here are a few of them...




I think I am going to send them to my chapter house so they can use them as thank you notes or however they choose.

Well, that is all for now.  I am going to a movie tomorrow and then it is back to reality.  :)  Oh, it has been a great weekend!  I think I have the best husband ever that gives me my free time (especially when it is REALLY needed).  Love you!

Darla

No comments:

09 10