Thursday, October 21, 2010

Princess Cards

I guess I have been busy, since I haven't taken the time to post for a while.  Let's see...I was having fun with Hope, working, appointments, traveled to WI for a scrapbook retreat (more on that later), and more work!

We are SUPER busy at work and they are asking us to work OT when we can, so I have been there when I can (which isn't as often as it should be).  Well, you can only do what you can, right?

I had a REALLY good time in Wisconsin at the scrapbook retreat.  We had a really NUTTY time.  :)  See, several "outside" nuts were found inside the house, specifically in two beds under the sheets and one on the floor in a bathroom.  We also found a mouse that had met his demise in a mouse trap.  Luckily it had not been there very long.  Ewwwwwwe!

I didn't get much scrapbooking done, but we had a lot of fun drinking WINE, hanging out watching movies and catching up on our sleep.  It is always a fun time, but such a long drive home (6 hours).

I need to finish up some details on the few layouts I did get done, so when I get the chance to do those, I will be sure to post them.  I did make some cards with some of the scraps from one layout.  Here are 2 of them.



So this is like a sneak peek of two of my layouts I will share, because I used these pattern papers on the layouts.  I am sure one of these cards will be given to my own little princess for her birthday, since she loves to dress up like a princess all the time.

Speaking of dressing up, Hope has been wanting to wear her fancy "church" dresses to school.  So I have been letting her wear them.  I figure she might as well get some good out of them, and she really does love to dress up.  Most of the ones she has been wearing have been well worn anyway, so if it gets ruined at school we have gotten our good out of them.  Luckily, she has come home looking pretty good each day, and the dresses have just gone in the wash like normal.  We did inform her she had to wear regular clothes tomorrow since she has PE class.  :)

Ok, I know it isn't Halloween yet, but has anyone started Christmas shopping?  For once, I have actually been watching the ads each week and picking up a few things I know Hope has had on her list for quite some time.  So I am getting a head start on the busy shopping season.  Her birthday is also right after Christmas, so I always have to buy for both because if I don't, the shelves are pretty bare.

Alright, that is all I have for tonight!  I will try and get back in the groove of making posts again!  

Later!

Darla



No comments:

09 10