Saturday, October 9, 2010

Fun at the Pumpkin Patch!

Wow, did we have FUN today at the Center Grove Orchard & Pumpkin Patch.  If you live in Central Iowa, I really recommend it.  There was a lot of great stuff to do there.

First we ate so we would have lots of energy to do all this...

This was called the jumpingpillow.  It was REALLY cool.  They even talked me into going in with them and I got a pretty good workout!


Next up...the Super Slide.  They are at the very top, getting ready to slide down.


And here are the smiling faces toward the bottom.


Then we did the apple slingshot.  Yep, you slingshot apples into a field full of targets.  Ally hit the bullseye on one of the bales of hay.  Way to go Ally!


Then we took a hay ride.  It took us out to a corn maze (which we skipped) and then on to the pumpkin patch where you could wonder around to find a pumpkin.


Hope found this gigantic one she wanted to take home, but we couldn't get it back.  So we decided to just get one already picked back at the orchard so we wouldn't have to carry it all over.


This was called the Corn Pool.  Basically, it was a big pit area filled with corn.  I took my shoes off to get closer and take pictures.  I didn't expect it to be so deep because the kids were just sinking down to the ankles.  Well, I sank down to almost my knees.


Then we went to feed the animals.  The horses were really gentle, and the other horse came over and gave me a kiss right after I took this picture.  I had no clue it was even back there, so of course I jumped. :)


Grandma Deloris joined us for the patch visit too.


Well, everyone has showered off all the dirt and I am heading to bed early for once.

Darla

No comments:

09 10