Monday, August 16, 2010

wire bicycle-cool!

This layout has a really cool embellishment I made myself.  It was inspired by another blog (I have no clue who or where I saw it, but thank you to you if you are reading this).


This layout is about Hope's first bike ride, which of course ended in tears because she went over a small bank and ran into a fence.  Luckily, I was able to make it all better after a few tears.  It scared her more than anything, and luckily she wasn't hurt.  It was almost a year before she got back on that bike again.  Next step will be without the training wheels.




Here is a close up of the journaling and the wire bike.  I think it turned out pretty good.  I hope this inspires you to make your own wire bicycle or maybe something else.

Hope and I went to the Iowa State Fair with my sister Dawn, the twins and our mom.  We had all kinds of fun (& blew through a LOT of money).  It is always fun to go, but it can be really expensive to all the things we like to do & EAT!  We had our usually cuisine:  corndog, mini donuts, cotton candy (for Hope), strawberry smoothie, fresh lemonade and a pork chop on a stick.  YUM!  I wish I could say I started my diet, but we celebrated birthdays at work today with some yummy ice cream cupcakes from Maggie Moos.  They were awesome!  

Well, I got a new magazine today in the mail, so I am off to relax a bit and get some inspiration.

Goodnight!

Darla

No comments:

09 10