Friday, August 20, 2010

Bright cheery cards...

on a cloudy rainy day.  I just dropped off Hope at the neighbor's house for a play date, Joe is off to buy paint (for Hope's room) so I thought I would take the time to make a post.

We have new neighbors and I love that they have a daughter who will be going into Kindergarten too, so they will get to ride the bus together to school.  It is a lot of fun to watch them play together and I enjoy the quiet time I get when she goes to their house to play.  So much fun!

Anyway, here is a few bright cheery cards to brighten your day.

Both cards bases are made from clear acryllic paper.  It is really fun stuff and I got it quite a while ago at Archivers.  The papers I used were double sided, so it shows through to the inside of the card.  For the inside of the card, I just glued a strip of white paper across (you can kind of see it off to the left side of the card).  This is where I will add my greeting to whoever receives this card.


On the second card, the ribbon down the center of the card was actually left over from a Victoria Secret gift wrap set.  I had bought a gift card there, and they gave me a small box with the pink ribbon to tie around it.  Well, I ended up mailing the gift card so I didn't need the box.  So I put the ribbon in my stash and figured I would use it someday.



As I mentioned earlier, we are going to be painting Hope's room this weekend.  Grandma D is taking the twins and Hope down to her farm for the weekend, so we decided this would be a great time to get that done.  We are painting it her favorite colors, pink and purple.  She wants it to be a rainbow room, and actually wants a rainbow on the wall.  Well, I think I am just going to buy a canvas from Michaels and paint that.  Then I am going to get a big bucket of gems/bling and glue those to the rainbow.  I hope it turns out how I have it pictured in my head.  You know how those things go!  :)

We are also shopping for furniture for her room too. 

Off to go shopping!

Darla 

No comments:

09 10