Wednesday, December 14, 2011

Well...

...the snow has melted, the Christmas cookies are gone and Hope danced her little heart out in The Nutcracker!

Wow!  It has been a busy week!

On Friday, Joe's mom came to town (for the show) and we went to visit Santa (and got our nails done)!  :)


This was the easiest visit to Santa EVER!  We walked up to the gate and I couldn't figure out why there wasn't a LONG line.   We just walked right in, sat on his lap, I took a picture and we were off to get our nails done!  I did ask how much it was to have a 5x7 picture printed.  $22.  WOW!  Now I remember why we don't usually go to that mall to visit Santa!  You have to stand off to the side to take your photo, which isn't a big deal.  The lady actually yelled at me because I wasn't in the right spot, but there was a stroller in the way so I couldn't stand where I was supposed too.  So much for holiday cheer!  Good thing I didn't have to stand in line or my holiday cheer would have been gone too!  :)

Then Saturday was performance day.  All the kids did a great job and Hope was such a good baby mouse! We giggled the few times she was on stage.  When the baby mice run across the stage, she was the last one across and the line got held up behind the curtain.  So hope was pushing the girl in front of her and then she decided to look back and got mesmerized by what was going on stage and just stood there for a few seconds.  Then at the end of the show when all the cast comes out to bow, she was tickling to person next to her while they were walking out and was totally oblivious that she was on stage.  Too funny.

Below is her birth mom doing her hair for the show.  We are so thankful that she was able to come up for the show and to help us with Hope's hair.  I know it looked way better than if I had done it.  


Here is a picture of Hope in front of the tree with her mouse make-up on.  She had a great time and is already looking forward to doing it again next year.


I think because she got flowers from everyone in the family.  This is just a small sampling of the flowers she received. 



Well, now I better bring you all up to date on Elfie's adventures...

We have found him here on the mirror in the hallway...


...and here in the village again (I tried to take a photo so you could see the glow of the village)...


...and in the kitchen window...



...and here on top of my scrapbook cabinet.


We also found him way up on the ledge in the living room, but I forgot to take a picture of him before he flew away that night.  :)

Ok, if you made it this far then good for you!  Here is a Christmas card for a little scrappy inspiration too!



Have a good night!

Darla


No comments:

09 10