Wednesday, July 27, 2011

It's HOT!

Oh my!  I have had headaches the past few days from going in and out of the heat/AC too much.  I am ready for it to cool down just a bit.  How about you?

Anyway, not much exciting going on today, so will just share another Christmas card.

This is my FAVORITE card that I made.  I tried a new technique.  Here is how I made this card...


Step 1:  The card base is cut from a clear transparency.  I wanted it to have shimmer, so I covered the front with mod-podge and sprinkled on glitter.  Once it dried, the card was semi-transparent with lots of glittery shimmer.

Step 2:  I cut a small block of paper for the center of the card.

Step 3:  The main focus of the card/sentiment was a border sticker.  I applied it to the pink pattern paper and trimmed it to the size of the card width.  Before adhering to the card base, I added a snowflake brad I have had in my stash for quite some time.  I thought it added another touch of sparkle to the card, which goes perfectly with the sentiment.

Step 4:  On the inside, I added a block of paper slightly larger then the center block on the front.  Here is where you can add an additional sentiment inside the card.

The card was super easy, if you have the patience to let the mod-podge dry with the glitter.  :)  And another great thing is that it doesn't flake off either.

Well, that is all for today.  Have you checked out The Scrappy Gourmet lately?  They are starting to get in some of the products ordered at CHA.  Today I noticed they added some of the Authentique paper lines.  I loved both of these lines, so must do some shopping.  

Later!

Darla

No comments:

09 10