Monday, November 8, 2010

Rainbow art

I love how this turned out!


The picture doesn't do it justice, but it looks really cool in her room.  This was my first time creating anything with a hot glue gun.  Well, I did end up burning my fingers a few times and only got one glob on my (favorite) sweat pants.  Oh well.  Now I won't be so intimidated to try it again someday.

I also am slowing working on finishing up some other layouts and cards I started several weeks ago at a crop in WI.

Here is one layout made using the Cosmo Cricket Snorkel line.


I had to get a little creative with the title since I didn't have an "N" and a second "D", so I trimmed off a "W" and turned a "P" upside down to make the letters I needed.


Above, you can see I added a pocket behind my 5x7 photo.  Below is the photo included and the back is blank for more journaling or another photo.


The hook was made with black wire and I just shaped it to look like a fish hook.

This was also my first attempt at using Photoshop Elements 8 to do my journaling.  It took a little work, but I finally got my circle journaling figured out.  Hopefully I can figure out how to do it again if I want to.  :)

Well, I am off to start supper.  I also made some fishin cards from the scraps, so I will share those with you this week over the next few days.

I also hope to have a lot more stuff to share with you over the next few weeks, because I am SCRAPPING this weekend.  I am shipping the kid and hubby to his mother's place and having some friends over for the weekend.  YIPPEE!  

I hope to get lots done, but we usually make time for some good eating, some good wine and maybe some shopping too.  You just never know what we are going to do.

Til next time!

Darla



No comments:

09 10