Thursday, November 18, 2010

Birthday?

My daughter and Anna (our neighbor) were playing with a nativity set (it plays music and tells a short version of the birth of Jesus).  Anyway, Hope looked at Anna and said did you know that Jesus' birthday is coming up?  Anna said, "no".  Hope answered, yeah, we celebrate his birthday on Christmas day!  She was so excited about it.

Then they went off to play "school".

I became an aunt again yesterday.  My husband's sister, Kristine, and her husband Mike welcomed a baby boy early yesterday morning.  As I mentioned earlier, she was suffering from pre-eclampsia, so she ended up delivering about 6 weeks early.  The baby is doing great, and pulled out his oxygen tubes 5 times the first morning, so they decided to leave them out.  He was 3lbs and 5 1/2 oz.  I keep calling him "he" because he hasn't been named yet.  Kristine is still under critical watch and hasn't been able to visit the baby.  She had a very severe case and had swelling of her brain.  So please keep her in your prayers for a quick recovery.  Once she is able to visit the baby, they will decide on a name.  I think Mike has taken videos of the baby for her, so she has at least "seen" him that way.

Anyway, I think things are starting to slow down here (just a little), but will be busy this weekend.  A football game (which is going to be very COLD), an early Thanksgiving brunch on Sunday and the HARRY POTTER movie.  I wish I had the energy to go tonight, but will be waiting until Saturday to go with my sisters.  Can't wait.

Anyway, here is another layout I started at the WI retreat, and finished last weekend.  It is made with Pink Paislee papers.  Love this collection.

It is hard to tell, but the stars are dimensional.  You can see it better in the first card below.



I got the idea from the Pink Paislee website.  I just scored down the center of each point all the way across to the valley on the opposite side.  Do this on all of the points and then fold them to make a dimensional star.  I added a couple of foam dots to keep the shape.


The card below is cut from the center of the circle scallop die cut paper.  The banner in the layout was cut from the scallop circle paper, and the center was left over with the nice bold star in the middle.  I attached the circle to a circle card.



Well, I have a lot more cards to show you from my left over scraps, so stop back soon!

Darla

No comments:

09 10