Saturday, January 12, 2013

Thanks for the memories Reilly!

Yesterday was a hard day that I knew was coming...our dog Reilly died.  I am so thankful that I was able to be there for him just like he was there for me during some of the darkest days of my life.

I had Hope give him a hug and a kiss before she left for school.  On the way down the stairs she asked if there are funerals for dogs.  :)   I got her on the bus and shortly after I got back to the house he passed with me by his side.  It was very sad, but peaceful.

He LOVED playing in the snow, so I was also glad that we got some significant snow for him to play in this winter.  Somehow I knew it would probably be his last year for snow.  :(


He was always so happy.  It always looked like he was smiling and would always wag his tail anytime he was around.


He was sometimes a big ol' furry beast!  He had so much fur!!!!!  And it was always so soft.


He got me through a lot of tough times...he filled my empty arms while we waited for a baby....he snuggled with me during times of loss...he helped me through the year when dad was sick...all the aches and pains, disappointment, etc during our infertility years...job losses...and just ordinary bad days.


He brought a special something to our family since they day his cute little puppy self came into our lives 13 years ago.  He was so cute!!!!


Reilly...I know you are up there with the best...dad and all his grand-dogs (Polly, Wally, Sammy and Lucy) and I am sure he has already called you dumb dumb like he used to.  :)  Thanks for being everything a dog should be!  Love and miss you...

Darla

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Sorry, very nice story tho. All us dog folks slipped our own dog into the story. Thanks.

09 10