Monday, January 7, 2013

Proceed to Party...

Red Solo Cup, I lift you up....yep this is the song Hope turned on when we got home.  SO for her birthday party tonight, we decided to use red Solo cups.  LOL!!!!


Hope turned EIGHT years old today.  I can't believe it!!!!  She received a lot of birthday wishes from everyone and I think she had a pretty good birthday.

This morning we had a sign on the door for her.  Here she is being CRAZY eight in front of it.  :)


You would think as crafty as I am that I would have made a beautiful crafty sign...yep didn't think of it. I don't know why, guess I have had too many other things on my mind.  Maybe next year.  :)

Grandma Deloris and I took cupcakes to school to celebrate with her classmates.  Of course she requested rainbow cupcakes like normal.  This is Hope with her teacher Mrs. Harper.


Then tonight we dined on gourmet macaroni and cheese (AKA-Kraft from a box) and turkey burgers.  And of course a birthday cookie.  We don't do anything normal around here do we????


Before we got to eat, she insisted on unwrapping her gifts.  She got the scooter for her dolls from Grandma Deloris.  We got her a few small things...markers and sketch pad, which were sneakily wrapped in an American Girl Doll box.  So she was a little surprised when she opened that box and it wasn't from American Girl.  :(  She also wants the doll camper from Target, but they are nowhere to be found right now.  So we wrapped up a pictures as an IOU.  :) 



She also got legos AND her very out laptop.  She had mentioned the other day that was one thing on her list.  So Joe got an old one we had in the basement and cleaned it out so she can play a few of her own games on it.  And there are no major worries of her breaking it since we hadn't used it in years anyway.  


And she can learn responsibility of taking care of it too.


And I also downloaded a few other pictures of the eagles, which were on the little camera.  I can't believe I was able to get a picture this good with a point and shoot camera.  Pretty cool!!!


Alright, here is a birthday layout I did for Hope's 6th birthday, that I haven't shared yet.  That year I took her to get her nails done and she wanted rainbow nails.  She picked out a different color for each finger.  The man at the salon wasn't sure what to think at first and then thought it was funny!


I used the heart charm to encircle the number six, since it was for her 6th birthday.


To make the rainbow I cut circles and just layered them on top of each other and then cut the circle out of the middle.  Then I just cut it in half.  Now I have another rainbow to use on a card at a later date.


Alright, it is time for the birthday girl to get to bed, so goodnight!

Darla

No comments:

09 10