Tuesday, February 22, 2011

Storyteller...

Story one:  I picked up Hope from school today and noticed she had different clothes on from this morning.  She said she had a good day.  I asked her if she had an accident today, and her response "I am going to have to think about that".

What?!?

Finally, she said she had an accident, but it was this morning.  Then she got quiet for a while and finally she said, "mom I forgot to tell you why I have a different shirt on too.  A kid spilled milk on my head today at lunch and it got on my pants too and that is why I had to change and didn't really have an accident".

So I asked her if I looked at her pants there would be chocolate milk on them?  Her response "Well...and then more silence".  Then she finally said that she peed her pants at the same time the kid spilled milk on her so it wasn't really an accident.

Good grief!  She was trying to make the story work, but I kept calling her out on it.

Story two:

Hope came running into our room around 2:30 am this morning claiming she had a bad dream.  So I let her hop into our bed.  Joe had fallen asleep on the couch and hadn't come up to bed, so it was just me and her in a king size bed.  And she constantly talked to me from 2:30 am to 5:30 am.  Mom, is it morning yet?  Can I watch a cartoon?  I need a drink.  Trying to tell me stories, etc.  How much longer til it's time to get up?  Finally at 4:30 am, she asked if it was time to get up and I told her NO!  and if she talked anymore before the clock read 5:30 that she would be in BIG trouble.  She made it 20 minutes, and as soon as she started talking to me I said "HOPE" and she whispered, "Ooops, sorry".  I couldn't help but giggle, or maybe I was just delirious by that time.

Well, here are a few photos from the wedding I attended this weekend.  It was simply beautiful.



Above is me, Margaux (the bride to be) and Evon.

Below, we are at the cocktail/rehearsal dinner.  The location was beautiful and had lots of
outdoor fireplaces.  It was slightly chilly, so the fireplace felt good.


This is Evon and me at our table at the reception.


The first dance for the bride and groom.


The couple got engaged at the Kentucky Derby, and the drinks they had that day were called Oaks Lilly.  So at the wedding reception, this was the signature drink served and it was delicious.


Below are some of the tables and how they were decorated.  The flowers were fabulous!




At our hotel, we each received a gift bag that had small bottles of special wine called Chargaux (a combo of Charlie and Margaux).  Cute!


And finally, here is a photo of us with the blushing bride!


We had a great time and met a lot of interesting people.

Well, that is all for tonight!  

Darla

No comments:

09 10