Monday, December 20, 2010

Family Christmas

This weekend, I was lucky enough to get time to spend with my family to celebrate Christmas.  Here we all are.


The kids all had fun opening gifts, although we did make them wait until we had taken the family photos.  They were pretty patient through it all!

Here is a sisters shot with mom.  That is Dee sitting on mom's lap.  :)


This one was funny, because we added Kendal at the last second.  She was like, "What is going on!"


Here is my little family!  Hope pretty much used her scary cheesy smile for every picture.



Here are some shots of the kids opening their presents. 

This is Ally, and she is checking out the Snow White dress that Grandma Deloris made for her American Girl doll. 


This is Hope opening her box of American Girl clothes from Grandma Deloris.


And this is Annie showing the Cinderella and Belle dresses.

Yep, you guessed it, mom made three sets of Princess outfits for each of the girls.  Hope loved it, and ran to get her doll she brought with her to change her clothes.  The first outfit she chose was the Ariel dress.  When we got home, she changed her into the Sleeping Beauty dress, and her doll slept with her in that.  Then this morning before school, she changed her into Belle.


This is Hope opening a dog bed for her Build A Bear dog, which we will get to go get stuffed one of these days.  There was also a gift cert. so she could buy some accessories.


This is Kendal, my great-niece (ok that makes me sound really old).  Isn't she the cutest thing ever!

Her parents went to Iowa State, so I got an ISU cheer outfit and some pom-poms.  She was having a lot of fun whooshing them around and whacking people in the face.  


And of course, MORE little parts from the Polly Pockets.  She loves them though, so she will have fun!  She was SO amazed that the mermaid body and hair change colors when they get wet and back again as they dry out.  COOL!


Here is mom with the banner that I made for her.


Here is the photo I took before I gave it to her.  I got the idea from a project in the Maya Road booth at CHA this summer.  


This is the center of the banner.


If you look closely, you can see I have tiny wooden spools of thread between each machine.  I bought the spools at Hobby Lobby and the thread was from a sewing repair kit I received in a goodie bag at a scrapbook retreat.  At the time I wasn't sure how I would use it, but I knew I would use it eventually.  


Alright, now that I have overloaded your computer with pictures, I need to get the family photos downloaded to Shutterfly and share them with everyone.

Have a good night!

Darla


No comments:

09 10