Wednesday, August 15, 2012

They are HOME!

Joe and Hope got home this afternoon and I could hardly concentrate at work to finish things up so I could get home and see them.  They had been visiting Joe's family since Saturday.  I really enjoyed my quiet time, but so glad they are home now.  :)

While they were gone I got some scrapbooking done.  I concentrated on working on some photos that were from a few years ago that were still on my list of "wanting to scrapbook".

These were pictures of Hope on her 5th birthday.  Yep, she will be 8 in January, so I am a little behind on this layout.  I like to jump around to use specific paper lines or if certain pictures work with a particular sketch I have recently found.  Well, that was the case with these photos.  I finally found a two page sketch that seemed to work with the pictures I wanted to use.  And I also challenged myself to get some of the older pictures finished up.


This was a Fancy Pants line that came out several years ago and I have had it matched up with these photos since I purchased it.  So I was happy to finally get to use it up.


I created my own flower using the Maya Road pleated ribbon.  The green "crown" border was cut from a die cut paper from an older Pink Paislee line from several years ago.  The greens worked great with the greens in the paper line.  The "wish" was part of a border pattern paper that actually said "wishful", so I just cut out each banner piece for "wish" and created my own banner.  The smaller banner pieces were from the banner paper too.


Of course, when I was done with the layout I created cards with the remaining scraps.  Here are three of them to share with you for now.  I will get around to showing the rest of them too you soon.




Well, I am off to spend some time with my Hope and Joe.  Have a good night!

Darla







No comments:

09 10