Sunday, August 26, 2012

So busy...

Oh my, we have just been on the go since school started and work has been crazy too.  Now that we have our first (almost) week of school under our belt we are ready to hit the ground running this week.

This week we add dance to the schedule.  Today was tryouts for The Nutcracker.  Hope was very excited to do this again this year and has been talking about it for months since last years performance.  Again, she is hoping to be an Angel, but is ok if she is a Baby Mouse (or something else too).  We should know something by the end of this week.

Then after the audition we had a neighborhood party to attend.  They had all kinds of fun activities for all ages.  We took a paddle boat out a few different times, played BINGO (Hope won a cupcake), played mini golf, Joe and I each got a chair massage and Hope got her face painted.


I am going to enjoy a little quiet time before I head to bed tonight.  Here are the rest of the cards I created using the birthday party layout scraps I shared last week (I think).  :)


This card was simple a section of a border pattern paper.  I simply matted it on a dark brown pattern paper, tied tulle, stamped a sentiment and added the button.  Super easy!




Do you ever have a tool in your stash you bought and hardly use?  Yep, I finally pulled out my piercing tool and hole template and created a border around this card.  Then I drew between each hole.  I was pretty happy with how realistic the faux stitching looked.



This is another card using just what was on the pattern paper.  I simply cut the paper to the size of a card, stamped a sentiment and decided to add the three small pearls for an additional touch.  EASY!  Just the way I like it.



That is it for tonight!  I have SO many more projects to share with you in the next few weeks.  I hope to get back on schedule of posting more often.  I usually try and get it done between the time I get home from work and I am waiting for Hope to get off the bus.  So, now I just need to keep my end of the bargain.

Good night!

Darla

No comments:

09 10