Sunday, September 4, 2011

Soul Surfer

I hardly ever sit down and watch a movie.  Usually, I watch/listen to older movies while I scrapbook sometimes, but most of the time I just can't get through a movie without some kind of interruption (AKA Hope).  :)  At church a few weeks ago, the minister showed a few clips from the movie Soul Surfer and it looked really good.  So I recorded from PPV and we took the time tonight to sit down and watch it.  Of course there were a few "interruptions", but luckily we could just pause the movie and get right back to it when we got settled in again.  Hope didn't see the beginning, but had lots of questions about Bethany's missing arm.  I am sure she will have more questions as she thinks about the movie and it's message.  If you haven't seen it yet, I highly recommend it.  Great message!

Bethany answers a question from a reporter of if she could go back and decide not to go surfing that day, would she?  There are many days in my past that were difficult to get through, but if those moments hadn't happened I wouldn't be the person I am today or have the family I have today.  All those things happened for a reason and I just had to wait (or am still waiting) to understand why.  I am so blessed!

Today was a quiet day.  We went to church and then Joe went to the Hy-Vee triathlon to watch the competition.  Hope and I stayed home since I had a splitting headache.  Eventually, we went and got a few mums to plant in the pots out front and back and that was about as productive as I got.  Now the windows are open and I am loving the cool weather.  I am actually ready for fall and all the fun stuff that comes with it.  If only it would stay that way for longer and have a shorter (much shorter) winter.

Well, I will close things out with a few more of those cards inspired by the Tuesday Trigger photo.

I got my glue gun out and tried my hand at making some homemade flowers.  The teal flower was just flat ribbon.  I started in the middle and then just kept loosely twisting the ribbon until it had covered the entire circle punch.  then I just added the flower gem in the center.  I didn't add a sentiment to this card yet because I wasn't sure what I wanted to use.  Really it looks nice just the way it is and could be used for any kind of occasion.


The flower below was made from several layers of tulle.  I started with a small circle punch and started the tulle in the center.  Again, I just kept twisting it around until the entire circle punch was covered.  I seemed really thin to me, so then I added more glue on the top and kept circling the tulle over it until I was happy with how it looked.  And I finished it off with the gem flower in the center.


I think I am going to have to try my hand more often at making my own flowers.  It was a lot of fun.

Well, everyone out there have a safe Labor Day holiday.  I am going to enjoy my day off and maybe do some scrapbooking!  

Darla

No comments:

09 10