Friday, September 16, 2011

Inspiration!!!

A few weeks ago, I got the email from PaperCrafts magazine on their most recent publication call.  I looked at all the categories and had no ideas, so for the moment decided I probably wouldn't create anything to submit.

Well, later that evening, Hope was painting at her table and I was scrapbooking.  She said "Mom, look at my painting" and in an instant I had a great idea.  One of the publication categories was "A Spectrum of Color", so her rainbow spectrum she had painted was the perfect inspiration.

After I put her to bed, I came back down and scanned in her painting. I would provide a picture of the scan, but due to technical difficulties (meaning my husband lost all of the files that were stored on the desktop) I am unable to download it to my blog at the moment.

I printed off the picture and started coming up with card ideas.  It was so exciting.  The next night Hope asked me why I had a copy of her picture on my scrapbook desk.  I told her I was going to make cards with it and she was so excited to know that I loved her painting that much.

Luckily, my cards were in a different folder, so I am going to share a few of them now.

The first card shows only a small area of the painting, but this was my favorite card I created.  Very clean and simple, which is typically my style.


The second card i wanted it to look like a window and you were looking out and seeing these beautiful spectrum of colors like a sunset or rainbow.


I have a few others I will keep sharing, so check back.  I am entering these into Amber's Reject Blog Hop. Hope you enjoyed my rejects today.  I know I had fun creating them and hopefully it will inspire you to look at your children's art work in a whole new light!

Darla

3 comments:

Lalo said...

What an awesome story!!! Your little girl must feel to awesome and loved. Imagine if it got published? These are great...kids are such great inspiration, don't yah think?

Darla Weber said...

I think that was why I was hoping it would be published. She would have loved it. She was excited when my first mini album of her was published and she saw herself in a magazine. Oh well!

Michelle said...

What a great idea! The cards are lovely. I'll have to keep an eye on my girls' paintings with a new perspective. :-)

09 10