Sunday, September 18, 2011

Birthmarks...

Yesterday Hope had a very intriguing question concerning the birthmark on her back.  She asked what color of brown it was.  I said it was brown/skin color.  She said is all of my skin going to turn brown?  I said no, just your birthmark is that color.  Then the best question of all...Mom, do I have a birthmark because I have a birth mom?

I loved how she made the association of the two things.  Of course I told her that just because she also has a birth mom isn't the reason she has a birthmark.

Today at church, the heart of the sermon today was about making special memories with your family.  So, after we ate lunch Hope and I made some cookies and now we are just hanging out.

The weather is turning cooler, so not much else going on around here.  I am looking forward to the trips we will make to the pumpkin patches and apple orchards.  YUM!  We always have a lot of fun.

Here are a few more cards I created with Hope's painting (see this post for more details)...

I actually figured out how to get the desktop icons back (yeah me!) thanks to Google.  So here is Hope's art that I used to create these cards and the ones I shared in the post linked above.





Hope and I are going to jam out to some Taylor Swift and do some crafting.  Have a good one!

Darla

1 comment:

Alie said...

Oh, I love that cupcake card!

09 10