Sunday, November 11, 2012

Thank you for your service!

Hope made this picture of Friday and it just seemed to fit in with today...Veteran's Day.  Thank you to all the service men and women and their families for their service and sacrifice.  It is greatly appreciated!!!!

This is Hope and two of the neighbor kids.  They were at our place eating supper.  This was an adventure.  Anna has eaten at our place numerous times, but it was the first time for Bruce, her little brother.  I think he thought we were going to have macaroni and cheese, which is usually what we have when Hope invites Anna over.  However, I actually cooked that night, which was ham balls.



It took A LOT of convincing, but Bruce finally tried the ham balls.  Anna loved them, and after they went home their mom sent a text asking for the recipe.  :)

Anyway, today Hope and I made star shaped cookies so I could take them to work.  I work with several veterans and I wanted to make them something special to thank them.  I hope they enjoy them.

In honor of Veteran's Day, here is a thank you card...



Yesterday the weather was just beautiful, so Hope and Joe hung the Christmas lights on the house.



Joe did most of the work after Anna came over to play and he lost his helper (Hope).  :)

Since, it is starting to look a little like Christmas (at least in the sense of decorating), here are a few more Christmas cards...








I loved this line of papers from My Minds Eye, and finally this summer I got around to using the scraps to make cards.  I used almost every little scrap that I had.

Everyone have a great evening...

Darla





No comments:

09 10