Saturday, November 24, 2012

It's Beginning to Look a LOT like...

Christmas!  Yep, we have the light hung outside (and by we I mean Joe), the tree is up (Hope's contribution last night) the lights are on (Joe again) and the ornaments all hung with care (finally my contribution).  We are playing Christmas music and enjoying some nice family time.

Here is Hope hanging the "bacon" on the tree.  When she pulled these glitter twisted tinsel from the box, she said, "these look like bacon, I am going to hang them on the tree to tease Reilly".  Too funny!


Hope also set up the Nativity scene too.  :)


 And there were a LOT of favorite ornaments, new and old, that were hung on our tree...

This ornament has been on our tree since Joe and I got married.  We bought it in Florida on our honeymoon. It is one of my favorites.


Here is Hope's Tinkerbell and another "first Christmas" ornament.


And of course one of our dog Reilly.  Love that furry guy!


This is a NEW favorite I found this year.  I LOVE the movie "A Christmas Story" and since I don't have a good place to put an actual leg lamp in our house (which I would have one if we did), I decided an ornament would have to do.  :)


I love glittery ornaments and lots of the glass ornaments on our tree.  As you can tell, we have a very eclectic looking tree.  We even have several of Hope's handmade craft ornaments she has created through the years.  I love this glittery one too.


This is another new one this year, since she has really gotten into dancing...


...and is doing the Nutcracker again this year.


Here is a close up of the "bacon" ornaments.  :)  Still makes me laugh.


This was one that was missing for a while, until Hope remembered where she hid it.  Not sure the story behind that one, but it has been found and added to the tree.  :)



Maybe next weekend or sometime this week Joe and Hope will work on getting the Christmas village up on the shelves too.  And Elfie will be making an appearance soon too, our Elf on the Shelf.

Speaking of Elfie, I am working on a project for The Scrappy Gourmet featuring our Elfie and all his hiding places.  Watch for it soon!

In the mean time, here are a few more Christmas cards to get you in the holiday spirit!





Hope is heading to a movie with the twins soon and I will get some quiet scrapbooking time to work on that Elfie project.  Yeah!

And supper is in the oven too.  Wow, that is almost too much productivity in a single day!  Hahaha!

Darla

No comments:

09 10