Saturday, May 26, 2012

A Great Day to...

...go to the Farmer's Market and a short bike ride.  Yep, we got up this morning and headed downtown to the HUGE farmer's market.  I only made it one time last summer, so I hope to make it back more this summer.  We had a lot of fun!

Hope wanted a snow cone, I had a dutch letter and Joe had a beef stick for a snack.  Then before we left we decided to have a BBQ sandwich.  YUM!


I found this really cool booth with repurposed items.  This was a coffee table with a door opening to a shadow box storage area.


I love the HOME houses on the table and the window too.


Here is another table.


Here is a picture to show just a small portion of the entire farmer's market.  If you are ever in the Des Moines area in the summer/fall time add it to your list of things to do on a Saturday morning.


We brought our bikes along and drove to this bridge that goes over the river.  Of course the pony and unicorn had to come along too.  :)  I think they enjoyed themselves.


You can hardly see them, but that is Joe and Hope going onto the bridge, and in the far background is the state capital building.


Here is Hope and me on the bridge with downtown behind us.


This is along the path too by the river, the Chinese garden.  It looked pretty good considering a few years ago it suffered a lot of damage during the flooding in downtown.


Are you still with me?  This is a VERY picture heavy post.  :)  We have had a lot going on!

Hope lost another tooth at school on Friday.  Yep, that is two in just as many days.  Joe and I laughed because again we didn't realize she had any teeth that were loose enough to come out.  


Who is this crazy looking kid????  Hehehe!


She is outside playing in the back yard with her friend Anna.  Here is Hope in her new swimsuit.  


Well, I think I am done sharing the events of the past few days.  :)  Still here??????

If you here for crafty inspiration I got something for you too...


Thanks for stopping by!  I hope you have a great Memorial Day weekend!  Don't forget to honor those in the military this weekend every chance you get.  I want to drive out to the freedom rock tomorrow or Monday.  I will share pictures of it here, so check back again!

Darla





No comments:

09 10