Friday, June 24, 2011

First Rollercoaster Ride!!!

The summer program Hope is in this summer went to Adventureland (a local amusement park) yesterday.  She was all excited to go.  When I picked her up yesterday her teacher told me she had an upset stomach on the bus ride home.  Then I asked Hope if she had fun at the park.  She said "no".  WHAT????

Then she starts telling me about the day.  The first ride her group went to was The Tornado rollercoaster.  This is the SAME rollercoaster I rode for the first time many years ago.  The teacher asked her if she wanted to try and ride it.  She said yes (which I can't believe that she even considered it).  She was just barely tall enough.   She got buckled in, the bar came down and off they went.  She was telling me it was fun until they went down the first big hill... (updated to add these pictures from the park website of the Tornado).







I couldn't help but giggle just a little at her description of the ride.  She said she didn't ride any other rides the rest of the day.  But then later in the evening she did start to tell us about other rides she was on.  She rode the log ride.  They put her in the front, so she said she got really wet!  :)  She also rode the frog hopper, which is like a kid version of the space shot that is on a big pole and shoots you up really fast and then bobs a few times and comes down.  It tickles your tummy and is pretty fun.

Anyway, I think over all she had fun, but I don't think I will be getting her on any rollercoaster rides anytime soon.  Bummer.  I love rollercoasters.

We had a busy night last night too.  My office went to an Iowa Cubs baseball game.  They WON!  It was a lot of fun and we even stayed late for the fireworks.  So Hope and I slept in a bit this morning since we got home late.

Luckily at school they are having a pretty low key day.  They are going to see the movie Cars 2.  She likes the first one, so she was excited about that.

Ok, enough rambling from me.  I have some cards I made a while back that I will share.



I love the bright colors of both of these cards.  The papers were from Fancy Pants and it was actually a winter/snowman line.

Well, I have the day off today from work, so I am going to get to work on a project I am making for The Scrappy Gourmet.  I will share more when I have it completed.

Darla

No comments:

09 10