Tuesday, March 1, 2011

Sick Day & Project 12 (February sketch)!

Hope woke up with a fever this morning, so we are home for a sick day today.  We rested this morning and then Joe came home for a long lunch so I could go to PT for my shoulder.  The Ibuprofen kicked in and she felt good enough to  play a few computer games.  



Now she is all snuggled up watching a movie while I make this post and check out some blogs for inspiration.  She was less than thrilled to have her picture taken.  :)  I am just glad that the rosy cheeks have subsided for now.  Let's hope it was a quick virus and back to normal tomorrow.

So, I was checking out Scrapbooks and cards Today here:  http://www.scrapbookandcardstodaymag.typepad.com/

I wanted to see the new March sketch for Project 12, and saw that my layout for January was one of the featured layouts.  How cool!  Grandma Weber (the subject of the layout) will get a kick about being featured on a website.  :)  

And speaking of Project 12, I just finished my layout using the February sketch.


The pictures I used were more from Joe's family.  This past summer, Joe's sister got married and I used pictures from their wedding.  It was a nice small ceremony at their home.  I even made the cake, my first attempt at such.  It turned out ok, but I don't think I will make another effort any time soon.  :)  To make the event even more special, Joe, my husband performed the ceremony.  They were having troubles finding someone to come out and marry them, so he went online and got ordained.

So here is my Project 12 Layout using the February 2011 sketch.


Almost all the products were from Pink Paislee except the bling buttons from Bazzill and the vellum from Creative Memories.

I will close with a funny story.  Hope woke up at 2 am and crawled into bed with us.  She has a cold (on top of the fever) and was having troubles breathing, so I was having troubles getting back to sleep listening to her breathing.  Anyway, she had been asleep for a while and all of a sudden yelled out "Square!".  I wonder what she was dreaming about?  :)

That is all for today.  

Darla

1 comment:

Davinie Fiero said...

What a great wedding layout! that sketch worked perfectly! Nicely done! (I couldn't help giggle at sweet Hope. What a cute sick girl photo).

09 10