Thursday, March 24, 2011

Practical Jokes!

Ok, I am not very good at pulling off practical jokes, but I did manage to have a little fun last week at work.  I work for a small company and many of us have worked together off and on for many years and know each other pretty good.

Part  A:  Well, the cleaning lady thought she saw evidence of a mouse in our building, so the President put a few Decon mouse traps (the kind that they crawl into and then can't get back out).  Anyway, for several weeks we have seen no evidence of a mouse and I am pretty sure the original evidence was probably donut sprinkles or something like that and not really "evidence".

Part B:  The weekend that Joe and Hope went to visit Grandma Karen, Hope found the rubber mouse she got from Annie and Ally at Halloween.  So I asked if I could borrow it...

Here is where story A combines with story B...

So I take the mouse to work and just place it so it is by the mouse trap so when someone would sit down to use the toilet they would see it.  Let's just say, we had some good laughs and got several people throughout the day and some weren't phased by it at all.


After a few days, most people in the office knew about the mouse.  Our President's office is in the building next door, so I sent him an email and said he better come check the trap.  He emailed back all excited that he would be right over.  He walked in and kind of jumped and then started laughing.  Then he wanted to know if there was anyone in the office he could scare with it.  :)

Our next victim was one of the VP's, which is my manager.  I have known him for years.  Jeff was gone on Spring Break vacation, so we had the other VP unlock his desk drawer and we created a "nest" out of a kleenex and put the mouse in it so it would be the first thing he saw when he came back.


A few other co-workers put donut sprinkles on his desk to look like more "evidence".

A few days went by after he got back and he still hadn't said anything, so I asked if he had a mint.  When he opened the drawer there was the mouse sitting there and the nest was gone.  He had found it, but it didn't freak him out.  He was investigating.  :)  So I came clean and told him about all the fun we had with the fake mouse.  He thought it was pretty funny.  He still has it and I suspect it will show up in funny places every now and then.

Well, I am heading to the Kenny Chesney concert tonight.  Later!

Darla

No comments:

09 10