Friday, March 18, 2011

One more day...

Four years ago today we lost dad to lung cancer.  I always struggle during the week leading up to the 18th because I think of the things we were doing during that time.  I am so thankful that we had those last days all together in the hospital.

Anyway, I thought of another song that I want to do that is associated with a song.  It is a country song called "One More Day..."  I wish I would have created the layout in time to post today, but I didn't think of the song until I heard it the other day.

But I have been thinking about what I would do with one more day.   There are so many things I want to tell him.  Hope has grown so much and he would just crack up at some of the funny things that she does.  I would love to see them play together.  See dad on the floor and Hope on his back riding him like a pony.  Sleeping on his belly like all of us girls did during nap time (although Hope NEVER takes a nap).  And so many more things.  Hope doesn't really have any memories of dad, but I still talk about him to her and show her this picture whenever I can.


We took this picture on our trip to Alaska in 2006.  Best trip ever.







Dad, I think of you often and I know you are watching over all of us, and I know you are laughing at all the funny things Hope does from above.  :)

Cheers!

Darla

No comments:

09 10