Wednesday, February 18, 2015

The BEST Macaroni

Today I went to a funeral for my aunt Lois.  It was a very nice service.  One of her granddaughters wrote a beautiful tribute.  My memories of aunt Lois include her cooking.  She made the BEST macaroni and cheese and everyone in the family always looked forward to her bringing it to family dinners.  I think I heard almost everyone mention it today as well as some of her awesome desserts, which I didn't get to eat any.  I think funeral calories shouldn't count, but just in case I stayed on track for the diet.  Dawn did too, we even took our own salads...


but our sister Dee on the other hand...


...cheated!  Oh the shame!  LOL!  I practically thought she was going to steal a potato chip off a kids plate.  :)  She did pass on dessert though, so way to be strong Dee!  Heeheehee!  Love ya!

I have been hungry for a pasta dish, so I decided to try this tonight...


It is zucchini noodles, ground turkey and marinara sauce.  It turned out as good as it looks on the plate.  It was so pretty I had to take a picture.  LOL!

It was very cold out today out at the graveside service (like negative 19 wind chill) and I am ready to snuggle up the rest of the night and read a book.

So in honor of aunt Lois, here are a few sympathy cards to share with you tonight.  Rest in Peace...






Darla




No comments:

09 10