Thursday, September 26, 2013

Oh the Silliness and so much more...

Well, there has been a lot of silly stuff since I posted last time and a whole lot more.

Last Thursday we had one heck of a storm come through.  Of course, it hit right as school was getting out.  This is the only day I pick Hope up at school because of the time she has to get to class.  Well, I was late leaving work so I was at the back of the pick up line and I was pretty sure I wouldn't get Hope in the van before it started raining.  However, I didn't expect the storm to be so strong.  It was shaking the van, it hailed, a port-a-potty blew across the road in front of me, etc.  I was pretty scared and was questioning my decision not to park in the lot and go into the school.  Well luckily I survive to tell the tale.  :)  When Hope and I got home, we had a trampoline in our back yard.  She asked if we could keep it.


In other silly news...Hope forgot to put her tights on first and decided it was ok to just put them on the outside of her leotard.  Now usually I can go with almost any of her crazy outfits, but this one kind of embarrassed me.  LOL!  She did finally agree to change it once we got inside.


This was a silly picture of her one afternoon walking home from the bus stop.  


Picture Day.  You can't really see the curls, but she did actually let me curl her hair.  I think it turned out ok.  We will see once we get the pictures back.


Homecoming...this was the first time we have attempted to participate in school Homecoming activities.  Her previous school only had events during the school day, but her new school has a Friday evening spirit night.  It was awesome.

There were two fire trucks the kids could explore.


Hope and her friends.


They had free face painting and hair spray paint too.


She actually got her face painted twice since she rubbed off the first one.

After we got home, she talked daddy into taking her to the football game, while (tired) mommy stayed home and scrapbooked (and had some wine).  LOL!


Let's see...we also inherited beginner roller skates from Annie and Ally.  I can't believe her back side isn't black and blue from the multiple falls she has taken.  Although her elbows and knees have several scabs on them in the process of healing.  LOL!  She got a little over confident and we tried to skate to a neighbors house and ended up walking the skates home.  LOL!


Practice makes perfect.  


Today was Hope's school field trip.  I will share those photos next time, once I get them on the computer.  Technology has not been cooperating lately.  :)

Well, after all that, here are a few layouts to share with you.  I recently put some of these together.

Yep, a little behind on school layouts.  This is from first grade (she is in third grade).  I think I have everything to put together her second grade memories page now too.   Instead of doing each event/party, etc. I usually just put together a double page layout for each year featuring a few pictures of school events I was able to attend.


I do the same concept for each summer (for most events) just to highlight the fun stuff we did over the summer (especially if I just have a picture of two of an event).





Here is the journaling for this layout above.  I loved the printed paper with the bike on it, so I just used it as an embellishment on the layout.  Love things that do double duty.  :)


Here are a few other layouts too...



Here is a recent layout from last year's Iowa State Fair.


And I will end with a retirement card I made for our new neighbor.  He retired from the Air Force, so Joe wanted me to make a card with a plane on it.  Well, this was the closest thing I had.  I thought it worked.  


Alright, I am off to watch the season premier of Parenthood!  Love that show.

Darla





No comments:

09 10