Monday, September 9, 2013

Things I am loving right now...

Just before Hope and I came to the basement tonight, I was thinking about all the things I am liking right now...

1. I am loving our daily schedule.  I love that Hope no longer has activities on Monday and Tuesday nights, but instead on Wednesday and Thursday.  This way I am not starting my weeks off with a full day of working and then running around.
2. I love Hope's new school schedule (mostly).  It starts more than 40 minutes later than her last school. We are usually ready at least 30 minutes before the bus comes.  I actually have time to eat breakfast, read Facebook, sometimes empty the dishwasher and most of the time make our bed (which was virtually never done in our entire married life).  LOL!
3.  I am loving our hot tub, although today it is 100 degrees out, so I don't think we will be getting in tonight.

Things I am not loving right now...is the tantrum Hope is throwing right now as I type.  So I totally lost my train of thought of all things I am loving right now.  LOL!  Oh well...

I have had several friends with birthdays lately, so how about some Birthday cards to share today.

As you know, I always make cards using the scraps from my layouts.  On the card below, it was made with the Basic Grey papers used on the Duluth, MN layout I shared last time.  On the edge of each of the papers is a scalloped design showing the pattern of the paper on the back side of the paper.  Well, I saved all of those and used them in my cards.  They were a great addition to use and even had a printed stitch on it too, for some texture on the cards.




I made this card this past weekend and I think it is one of my favorites.  I don't think I have ever created an all yellow card.  So happy and cheery!  Just because it is Gold, don't think I am cheering for the Hawks this weekend.  Go cyclones! Yep, we are a house divided this weekend.  You see, if the Cyclones win, then UNI can claim the "state" title, since UNI beat ISU!  So lets hope for an ISU win!


Ok, back to the cards...I have also started using a lot of glitter paper.  I love the look of glitter, but hate dealing with loose glitter.  So I have been buying the glitter cardstock that can easily be used for punches (if it isn't too thick) or to make die cuts.  Or even just a simple border on a card.





Ok, this is another favorite card I created this weekend.  I had all of these leftover chipboard pieces (I used the others on several other layouts).  It was simple just to lay the hexagons all across the card, stamp a sentiment and add a button.  Done!



Alright, time to run and get supper going!  Laters!

Darla


No comments:

09 10