Friday, July 13, 2012

CHA excitement...

I am a little bummed I am not going to CHA this summer, but other things came up.  That doesn't mean I am missing out on any of the fun sneak peeks.  I have a link to the right where you can check them out too if you haven't already.  Anything you like????  Well, if you are a scrapbooker or paper crafter, then that was totally a rhetorical question.  Hahahahaha!

Here is a layout I made of our family trip to Chicago last summer, when I also attended CHA.


I think I got a picture on here of almost everything we did in Chicago.  I put a clear number sticker on each photo and then on the journal card indicated where each picture was taken.  I think I squeezed 10 pictures on this two page layout!  YES!


I love the year perfectly hidden inside the "O".  :)


Well, lots has been going on since I last blogged.

Hope and I created two small fairy gardens.  Aren't they cute?  I had never heard of such a thing, then when we went to the farmer's market a few weeks back there was a booth there with all kinds of fun things to put in your gardens.  I have also recently found out there is a little shop in the East Village that carries these fun items too.  I might have to take a trip down there and check things out.  :)


Joe and I celebrated 17 years of wedded bliss!  Love you honey!  

Here is the card I made for him.


The button was from a jar of buttons we got from his aunt's house when her daughters were cleaning it up to sell.  I was the lucky recipient of these old buttons.  :)  I wanted to use it on something special and who better to give it to than my hubby!

Hope and I went swimming and I got sun burnt (even after putting on sunscreen several times-I guess I didn't get every spot each time).  Oh well.

Hope had a great time in KC with the twins, grandma, Aunt DeeDee, Kirk and Lauren.  Thanks for the few days of  peace and quiet.  It is always greatly appreciated and I know the girls love spending time down there.  

As I mentioned in my last post, I created the featured July kit at The Scrappy Gourmet.  Go get yourself one!  I know you want to!

And I am very much looking forward to a visit from my BFF-Kristi.  She is coming tonight and we are going to Adventureland on Sunday.  We are going to have lots of fun catching up.  I feel like it has been FOREVER since I have seen her even though it was just February.  :)  She has a new boyfriend occupying her time, so we don't chat as much as we used to.  Luckily I like him.  Hi Mike!  :)  Now get off of FB and get back to work so you can get on the road to my place with Kristi.  Hehehehehe!

Well, that is it for now.  Hopefully it won't be so long before I post again.  You know the summer schedule just gets in the way sometimes.  Laters baby!  (Wink)

Darla




No comments:

09 10