Tuesday, December 13, 2016

Life is Like a Box of Chocolates...

...You never know what you are gonna get!  Life gets busy, happy, sad, crazy...

Well I have the day off today and decided to watch Forrest Gump, which inspired my Blog title today.

Yep, it's been a while...I totally missed October and November and December is almost half over.

So I will do a few posts to bring everyone up to speed with what we have been up to.  Let's start with October...

We were lucky enough to get tickets from a friend to go see Carrie Underwood in concert.  This was Hope's first concert and she LOVES her.  I have a special connection between Hope and Carrie as well.

The season that Carrie won American Idol was the first season I watched the show.  I would be rocking Hope to sleep as a baby (just days old when that season started).  I was waiting for Joe to get home from work so we could watch Survivor together.  Instead I fell in love with a show and an artist.


And of course school picture time...well Hope's first attempt this year didn't go so well.  LOL!  Even she had to laugh at it.  She said they first told her she was smiling too much, then not enough and just as she started to ask them what to do they snapped the picture.  :)


Needless to say, she wanted re-takes...which turned out GREAT!



We had a great time with Hope's birth family at the pumpkin patch this year.  


And Hope was excited to meet Jessica's new fiancé.  Hope will be a junior bridesmaid in the wedding next fall.  I don't know if there is a better word to describe her feeling, but she is EXCITED!!!


And of course there were grown up Halloween parties...


...carving pumpkins...


...and trick or treating in the 'hood.  Taylor was not thrilled with her costume this year.  LOL!


Hope went trick or treating with her little neighbor friend Rocky (AKA Wonder Woman).


Well, I think that wraps up our events of October.  I did go a on a scrapbook retreat in WI and got a lot of layouts done...so will sharing those with you now.





And of course, Boss's Day was in October too, so I made a few cards for the bossy people in my life. LOL!  I have had this note pad of funny "Maxine" sayings and thought they would make good cards. So I used them to put some quick cards together.





This was a layout of our Disney Cruise we took in 2015.  


And going way back to 4th grade...


That's it for this time...next time...November!

Darla


No comments:

09 10