Wednesday, December 14, 2016

So Thankful!

Welcome back!  I am just going to get right to it!  Here is what was up in November...

We had a few last chances to watch our neighbor's dog Charlie.  There were moving to KC and so he got to spend a lot of time with us while they were showing their house and getting things packed up.


Hope LOVES Charlie and so does Taylor.  Who am I kidding...we all Loved having him (and his owners around the hood).


Hope had her music concert at school...can you spot her in the crowd????


I also got a weekend away with my friend Kristi, which gave Joe and Hope a weekend to themselves to decorate for Christmas.  Yep, it is only early November, but they usually want to put the tree up right after Halloween.  So they were running behind this year.  LOL!



We had a great Thanksgiving dinner at my sister's house and we took an early tour of the Jolly Holiday lights while Joe's mom Karen was down for the week.

This was Hope's favorite light display.


It was at a new location and I highly recommend you take the time to go, but get there early or you might not make it to the gate before it closes.


It benefits the Make a Wish foundation.  This is the first year that I have known someone that has benefited from a wish.  They are going to the original Lego factory, meeting the family and lots of cools activities that few people ever get to experience.  I hope they have a GREAT time.



This year may have had some rough spots to work through, but I am SO THANKFuL for health for me and my family, true friendship, a job, a loving husband and a house for us to build many memories together.  

We had these family pictures taken several years ago and I had made a few layouts using them, but I just hadn't been inspired with the right paper lines, etc.  Well, apparently I was finally inspired because I made several layouts now.  And I love them all!!!

This one I used pictures from the photo shoot and from our wedding, since we recreated the "pointing" photo from our wedding.  LOL!


Grandma Deloris was with us that day, so she got in a few photos with Hope too.



I love this moment captured between Hope and I.  Just laughing...I love those moments, even when they sometimes come few and far in between.  


I love this quote from Dr. Seuss and wanted to make a layout to describe Hope.  :)


And while these are not the typical colors I scrapbook with, I was somehow drawn to this line of papers.  I am so glad I picked them up, because they were perfect with these photos.  That large "W" I have had in my stash for years and FINALLY had the perfect use for it.  


And since it is actually December, I should probably start sharing some of the Christmas cards I have created throughout the year.







I hope you all had a great Thanksgiving and are getting in to the true spirit of Christmas!  Until next time...December memories (so far)!

Darla









No comments:

09 10