Friday, March 14, 2014

Spring Break!

Oh, it has been a LONG time since I was able to take some time off from work.  It just worked out that this is the week and Hope and Joe are on vacation too.  Now what are we going to do????

We are going to get our puppy tomorrow!!!!!!!  We are excited and can't wait to get our newest member of our family home.  We wanted to be home to work with her the first week to try and get her off to a good start on potty training.  If you have any tips, let me know.  :)

It was a busy week.  Hope had her music concert at school this week.  The theme was Go West!  and they were encouraged to dress up like pioneers.  There is Hope front and center.  :)


She did an awesome job singing and doing the actions.  It looked like they were all having a LOT of fun.


Here is Hope and her teacher after the concert.  Aren't they cute!


Here is one more...she did shake her finger at me once when I picked up my camera to take another picture.  Cracked me up!


After the concert we ended up going to Pizza Ranch for supper and apparently a lot of other parents had the same idea because several of her friends ended up there too.  We sat in the party room and 4 of the girls ended up giving us an encore presentation of some of the songs.  It was cute!

Lately I have been working on some layouts of older pictures and have also been trying to get more organized to not be so behind.  I am getting there, but pretty sure being caught up is non-existent.  I just keep on working on it.  :)

The first four layouts were made using the same paper line, which is from my favorite company...My Minds Eye!

The first layout is coloring Easter eggs in 2011.  I guess I got this one done before I was 2 years behind (but I think I might have already done Easter pictures for 2012 and 2013???)  I don't remember??????  I got tired of trying to come up with a clever title, so I used the happiness sticker from the paper line and added "colorful" using letter stickers.  I am pretty sure I have had those bracket gem stickers for YEARS and finally found a layout to use them on.  


These sewing lesson pictures were also from 2011.  I just couldn't find the right papers until I found the hexagon paper, which reminded me of a quilt (and sewing).  So I added in some other sewing related items to go with the theme of the layout.


And how can you resist that toothless grin?  Hope was nice enough to let me use one of her wands in the layout too.  :)


Again, more photos from Easter 2011.  Again I tried to get creative with the "hop 2 it" title.


These next two layouts were also using older My Minds Eye papers.  I must have just skipped over scrapbooking everything from 2011.  :)


This is a combo between MME and Simple Stories (another company I like to use).


Alright, I have actually been scrapbooking Christmas layouts, so until those are done I will keep sharing cards with you (because i have a lot saved up to show you).  

T-minus (about 16 hours until puppy time).  Yeah!

Darla



No comments:

09 10