Monday, May 20, 2013

Did You Know????

Well, since we have been working towards putting our house on the market, we have been in constant cleaning mode.

The other day Hope purchased a silver sharpie pen from the school store.  Now keep in mind that I cannot stand the school store.  Every Wednesday volunteer parents set up a store in the school entry and sell all kinds of cool stuff to raise money for the PTC.  I see it as a perfect way to waste my money.  Hope always wants to take money and also adds an additional argument into our tight schedule every Wednesday morning.  Anyway...she snuck money to school and purchased the sharpie.  I didn't think much about it and she was using it at the bar area in the kitchen.  A few days later I realized she had gotten permanent silver marker on our granite countertop.  This is when I really started "cussing" out the concept of the school store.  So I immediately went to Google to see if there was any ideas of how to get Sharpie marker off of granite.

WELL...I was in luck.   The best suggestion was to color over the marker with a dry erase marker and wipe it clean with a paper towel.  Of course I thought, NO WAY am I going to be this lucky to have that work.  But I dug through Hope's art supplies to find a brown dry erase marker (chose that color since it matches our granite---just in case it didn't work).  I was SO shocked because IT WORKED!!!!  It was slick how easily it came off.  So never underestimate the power of answers from Google.

So several of you have asked for more pictures of our new house, so here are a few more...for some reason they did not load in the right order, but I didn't take the time to put them in a better order.

This is the 3rd bedroom on the main floor...which will likely be Grandma's room when (either) of them come to stay.


This is the basement family room...I love how much light it has.


This is the basement looking down the hallway to two additional bedrooms and a full bathroom.  One of those rooms will be my scrapbook room and one will be Hope's toy room.  We will also be putting our computer desk in the same spot.



This is the room Hope has picked...she likes it because there is a flower box right outside her window.  We will be planting some special flowers in those boxes for her.  :)  She has also requested her room be painted like a rainbow.  Again, not sure we will accomplish that, but we will see what we can do.
This is the master bedroom...


Master bathroom...and closet.  See that little box/door in the closet???  That is a door that opens to the laundry room on the other side.  Cool!


This is the back of the house...


This is the eat in kitchen/dining area and triple window with a sliding door to the deck.  I LOVE all the light and I think this is one of my favorite parts of the house.


The kitchen...


Another angle of the kitchen.  The doorway goes to the master bedroom.


Here you can see part of the arch over the entryway...


The living room/fireplace...


The back yard...LOOK no close neighbors!  Woohoo!


And of course, this is the front again...


Well, we have had storms again tonight.  While listening to the live coverage Hope heard them say to wear a bike helmet for safety from flying debris, so she went to the garage and got hers and put it on.  Here she is watching the radar on my iPad with her helmet on.  LOL!


I want to congratulate Hope's birth mom Jessica and her husband Robbie on the birth of a beautiful baby girl today.  They named her Hannah.  Hopefully we will be able to visit soon.

So in Hannah's honor, here are a few birthday cards and a few mother's day cards I forgot to share...







Alright, time to get Hope to bed.  Hopefully we don't have to head for the basement again tonight!  Goodnight!

Darla

No comments:

09 10