Saturday, September 1, 2012

Football and Playdates

I love fall weather and weekends at home.  We didn't have much going on this LONG weekend, at least for today.  So we called the twins to come over and play.  It is a win-win for both my sister and myself.  Hope has entertainment (that isn't me) and she gets some quiet time.

So while watching some football, the girls are playing and I am scrapbooking.

I am working on a Christmas decor project.  These are not typical things I work on, but I saw an idea at my local scrapbook store, Memory Bound, and loved the idea.  They were out of the exact tri-fold frame, but I got a slightly smaller one that worked good for my project.  I used the same paper line, but different papers overall.

Here is a picture of their project...


And here is my project...

I had already used some of the chipboard pieces on another layout, so I improvised with other items from the same line of paper by My Minds Eye.  I remember seeing this line at CHA and LOVED it!


To attach the rings to the frame, I hot glued them with an edge sticking up so the clasp could just be attached to the ring easily.


I measured the length of my chains, from 7 Gyspies, and took off part of the links and attached the two chains together.  Then I just added the rings through the chipboard letters and hung them from the chain before closing the ring.



Well, my freedom time is over.  Time to go cook some supper!

Darla

No comments:

09 10