Sunday, August 30, 2015

Back to school

Well, we have survived the first week of 5th grade!  Can you believe my girl is in fifth grade!  WOW!

This year I tried to start out making good habits, so the first day after school was VERY difficult, but once I won the "battle of the minds" things were pretty smooth sailing since then.  Whew!

Technically she asked me not to post on my blog, but I just couldn't help myself.  I loved the outfit she chose for her first day.  When we bought it I told her it might be too hot for the first day to wear pants, but she insisted.  Little did I know that I would be in the 60-70's that day.  Crazy for August.



And speaking of selfies (from my last post), she even took one of herself on the bus on the way to school.  This was a fun surprise for me while going through our photo stream to get pictures for the blog.  Love it!


On meet the teacher night, I wanted to get a picture of her and Mr. Spreacher, but she refused.  So the next best thing was by her lockers (she actually gets two this year).  She was pretty shy around her teacher and wasn't sure what she thought about having a "boy" teacher.  Now I think she has decided she thinks he is pretty cool and is going to have fun this year.


And a few more bits of summer before the weather gets too cool.  Of course, the lemonade stand still makes an appearance every so often.


You never know which friends are going to show up to help out.  They all love doing it.



And her recent outdoor activity...skateboarding.  The neighbor boy let her use this one and she is actually getting pretty good.


Well, here is one last bit of summer to share...a recipe using fresh peppers from my garden.  It was so good, I can't wait for a few more peppers to grow big enough to harvest so I can make it again.  LOL!

Stuffed Peppers:

1 lb ground beef
1/2 cup of shredded cheese
cauliflower (a few florets)
Bell peppers

I cooked the ground beef in the microwave using my RockCrok from Pampered Chef.  If you don't have one, I highly recommend it.  I am just getting started on using it, but now that school is back in session I see me using it more often.  

When the ground beef is nearly done, I added in some diced cauliflower and green pepper (I used then tops I cut off the peppers) and also sprinkled in some of the shredded cheese.  I cooked for one more minute in the microwave and then stuffed my peppers.  

I baked them in the oven for 20 minutes.  I put my peppers in a muffin tin so they wouldn't fall over.


 Pulled them out and added the rest of the shredded cheese to the tops and baked for about 5 more minutes or until melted and starting to brown.


It was so good.  Try it out!

I think we are all caught up!  Wow!  Hopefully I won't get so far behind, but you know sometimes life gets in the way (and sometimes scrapbooking does too). 

We have several new neighbors, so here are some cards that might show up on their doorsteps soon to welcome them to the neighborhood. 




And maybe a few birthday cards just for fun...








Later gaters...

Darla







No comments:

09 10