Sunday, May 10, 2015

Get your ice COLD lemonade!

Oh the joys of living in suburbia, lemonade stands.  I lived in rural Iowa, so there was just no opportunity to have a lemonade stand to make money.

Hope (and friends) decided on Thursday night after school to open a lemonade stand.


They made posters and went around to all the neighbors to tell them about it.  I think they made about $8 the first night.  They were pretty proud of themselves.  


So on Friday night after work, they all set up again.  They asked me to go to the store to get more lemonade to sell.  Since I did need to go to the store, I agreed to go get them more lemonade too.  They made a little more money and had a few donations too from passers by.  :)

This morning is when things got REAL!  Joe and Hope built a more mobile structure, with wheels and everything!  


Hope could NOT WAIT for one of her friends to get home so they could set it up and get to selling lemonade.  LOL!


Of course it was junk day, where you can put out any kind of junk for the garbage to be picked up, so at some point during the day the kids started collecting items they wanted to keep from the neighbor's piles.  Santa cracked me up.  They were using him for a garbage can since he had a hole in his head.  LOL!


The kids had a lot of fun with the lemonade stand, but I think we need to arrange for it to only be open (maybe) once a week/month over the summer months.  

Most of you will read this as you wake up on Mother's Day.  But today I would like to celebrate one special woman who made a life changing decision to choose Joe and I to be Hope's parents.  Jessica, we love you and are so glad that you are a part of our lives.  Happy Birth Mother's Day (today) and Happy Mother's Day tomorrow.  

And another shout out to MY mom.  Happy Mother's Day to you.  I love you and appreciate everything you do for us.  

And of course, Happy Mother's Day to my mother in law Karen.  Thank you for raising such a wonderful, Joe.  He is a great husband and father, in part because of you.

So in honor of all Mother's, here are a few cards and a layout to share with you.


This is a layout of Mother's day, 2011.  We were visiting Joe's grandma Weber that day.  Although she is gone from this earth, we love and miss you too.




Well, if the computer starts cooperating more, I have a lot more fun things to share with you this week.  We will see how that goes.  

Tomorrow, we get to go see the Lion King.  We gave Hope tickets as part of her birthday present in January.  I think she is going to LOVE IT and I can't wait to see her face as all the animals start to come on to the stage, etc.  I saw the show many years ago, but I can't wait to experience it through Hope.

For those of you still hoping and praying of being moms, I have walked in your shoes.  I may (or may not) know specifically who you are, but know that I am always praying for you.  You will make it through this time.  It is hard, but well worth the struggle (no matter how you become a mom).  Honestly, I still struggle with the day itself.  I am so thankful to be a mom, but those sad years are very difficult to forget.  Also, becoming a mom through adoption is such a bittersweet experience.  On one hand, you have just been given the most incredible gift ever,  and you REALLY do want to be happy.  BUT on the other hand you KNOW the woman that gave you that gift has a broken heart for the gift she just gave you.  Jessica, I will never forget that moment you handed Hope to me.  Thank you just doesn't seem adequate, but for tonight, that is what I have to offer.

Everyone have a great Mother's Day.

Darla







No comments:

09 10