Monday, December 29, 2014

That's a Wrap (on Christmas)

We made it up to Joe's family this weekend for our final Christmas celebration.  It was good to see everyone.

Grandma Karen got Hope a special bracelet that says "love you to the moon and back" which is something they say to each other all the time.


We still give gifts to Grandma/Mom, but the adults also have a white elephant gift exchange.  This is Karen opening up the bag of "goodies" Joe packed up in his gift.  There were some bars of soap to clean the bathroom, a jar of our homemade lotion, and he threw in a gift card too.  


Rick chose my box, which had a kids alphabet puzzle, a kids hanger, several old VHS movies, a Santa decoration, Q-tips (for some reason we have like 5 boxes of them around the house), some of Joe's travel brochures and I put in a few of my hand made greeting cards.


There were lots of other fun things exchanged too.  I got a box from Karen, which Hope was happy to get the beanie babies and the alarm clock.  LOL!

Taylor can't come with us up to Grandma Karen's because her neighborhood doesn't allow dogs, so she went to the doggie hotel.  We think she might have been cold, since she took her new toy from Grandma Karen and found a nice patch of sun to chew on it.


As I was looking through the pictures I found two more cute ones to share of Hope and Taylor in front of the tree.


Hope wanted to get Taylor a jacket for Christmas.  Not sure what she thinks of it.  


Yesterday we went and got my new phone that Joe got me for Christmas.  This morning Hope had a conversation with Suri.  It was cracking me up.

Well, I think that is a wrap on Christmas.  Here are a few more Christmas cards I made this year.

The first three I made for a magazine publication call.  The first two were not chosen, but the third one was.  I am sharing it now because the magazine it was going to be in went out of business and is not longer going to publish my project.  I will miss the magazine for inspiration.















Hope and I have another week off, so today on the agenda...movies and scrapbooking!  YEAH!

Have a great day!

Darla


No comments:

09 10