Sunday, May 14, 2017

To all the Different Kinds of Mothers...

I hope you all had a nice Mother's Day.

I want to wish my mom a special Mother's Day!  Love you mom!  Thanks for everything you do!


I know I have written about this before, but every year I struggle with my emotions on Mother's Day. The feeling of empty arms for so many years was difficult and even now that I am a mother, this day still holds a lot of sadness for me, for different reasons.  Being a mom is the hardest job I have ever done.  Some days are great and well, let's be honest, some days are crappy.  

I didn't have the energy to attend church this morning, but we did watch the service on-line.  I am so glad I did.  One of the verses Pastor Mike spoke of was this...


While in our church all women are acknowledged as mother's and are celebrated on this day, they still acknowledge that this day is not always a day of happiness for everyone.  For those mourning...whether it be for the arms that are still empty due to infertility, or the loss of a mother, or the mother who has lost a child, or for the strained mother/child relationship, etc., well...he asked the entire church to pray for those hurting today.

So today, I rejoice for those that had the opportunity to rejoice and celebrate today and for those that were mourning (either in silence while trying to rejoice your own mother) or opening mourning...I pray for you.

And so, I did have a little time to rejoice today...Joe and Hope spent yesterday morning building me some raised garden beds.  YEAH!!!


I was so excited to start planting, I didn't even wait for it to be done.  LOL!




In March I started plants by seed and have a LOT of plants to get in the ground this week.


And of course, I did take a little time to sneak away to my scrapbook room too this afternoon, while Joe was finishing up my outdoor gift.

So here are some cards to share...










So to all those hurting mamas out there...I am praying for you and for those of you reading this, please pray for all of us hurting mamas too.

Darla




No comments:

09 10