Saturday, June 13, 2015

Grandma Camp and more...

Hope got to spend several days with Grandma Karen this past week.  


She got to spend some time with cousin Colin at the splash pad...



...and went to the little red school house too.



Grandma was happy that Hope wanted to go eat at Olive Garden.  She ate all of her fettuccine alfredo.  It must have been good stuff!


So while Joe and I had a few days around the house to ourselves, we got some projects done.  I am so excited that Joe got my bookshelves done for my scrapbook room.  I now have a place to keep all my albums in one place.  YEAH!!!!



Since I painted my room last summer, I have been thinking I would create a banner.  This is a work in progress, since I think I might put some other accent banners with it too.  We will see if I ever get around to it or not.  LOL!

I bought the door handles at the Junk Jubilee back in April.

The banner spells out CREATE, with accents of some of my favorite things:  crowns, hearts, sewing items and LOTS of BLING.




Grandma Deloris came up to visit last night and since I hadn't gotten her anything for Mother's Day (I know I am only a month late right)...Hope and I took her to get a pedicure.  This was the first time Hope came with me to this salon and they had this cute butterfly chair just her size.  She was pretty excited, but later said she was embarrassed since she had a boy do her toes.  LOL!


Hope is having a play date with a friend from our past neighborhood.  They are both adopted and it is so funny to listen to them play.  Their conversations about "This time I want to be the birth mom" are not your typical kid play topics, but it works for them because it is something that is a part of both of their lives.  :)

And Joe got us a kick ball for the neighborhood.  He thought it might be a good idea for us to practice since we are forming a team for a local kickball league.  This could be interesting, but with that group, we will have a LOT of FUN!


Today would have been my dad's birthday.  Happy birthday in heaven dad!  Miss you lots!

So to honor him...here are some birthday cards.






Until next time...

Darla




No comments:

09 10