Tuesday, June 2, 2015

A smile from heaven

So last week Hope wanted to come to my water exercise class with me in the mornings at the YMCA.  And in a weak moment I said, sure.  I didn't think she would want to get up at 4:50 AM to go workout with me and then go to the summer program.

BOY was I wrong.  That first morning she jumped up as soon as the alarm went off and said "LETS GO"!  All I could think was Good Grief, that is too much energy for this time in the morning.

So we got to the YMCA and got her set up with a trial pass for the week.

Let me rewind a bit...I mentioned it quite some time ago about a guy that walks in the lap pools that reminds me a LOT of dad and how I always felt like it was a little visit from heaven just seeing him.

So fast forward to today.  Hope is playing in the pool next to me during class.  When this guy gets out of the pool he looks over and smiled at us.  I literally felt like it was a smile delivered from heaven straight from dad.  It was a great way to start my day.  :)

Well, my garden is coming along...I have the beginning of a green pepper AND...


Blooms on my large tomato plant.  


I have also harvested and used some mint and cilantro too.  The cilantro I used in homemade guacamole and the mint was used to make mojito salad.  See HERE for the recipe I got off Pinterest.  It is SO good!  Of course, it is from a great blog...Iowa Girl Eats.  LOL!

I took the salad to the neighborhood kick-off to summer, but it was pretty cold outside for the end of May.  I am not so sure that Ugg boots say "Hello Summer", but we made the best of it!


The orange and lemon jello shots helped warm us up.  :) 



And then we made "adult" and kid s'mores.  YUM!  The adult marshmallows had been soaked in run, then we wrapped up the other normal ingredients for a s'mores in foil and put them on the fire.  The kid s'mores we put in ice cream cones.  It worked out pretty good.  Just don't leave them on the fire too long.  It was the first time trying this, so it was trial and error.  Good think she made extra!


Originally, it was supposed to be the neighborhood camp out, but nobody stayed in the tents since it was so cold out.  Once it got dark, it was time for an outdoor movie for the kids.  They watched Book of Life...


...while the adults went inside.  They wouldn't let us talk.  LOL!


Well summer, you can show up anytime now.  I am enjoying the cooler temps, but ready for it to warm up just a bit more.

So, today I will share some graduation cards (since it is that time of year) and welcome to the neighborhood cards, since we also got to meet a new neighbor at the party too.  His family is going to fit right in.  We are looking forward to several others over the summer months, since several homes in  the neighborhood have recently sold.











Have a great day...until next time!

Darla






No comments:

09 10