Tuesday, July 1, 2014

The purge!

Well, we have lived in this home for almost one year now and we are FINALLY getting around to going through the boxes that were just tossed into the storage room.  Yep, the purge is ON!

As I went through some of the boxes (that honestly, we have moved from each ho use we have EVER lived in) and I finally decided it was ok to let some things go.  Goodwill is going to get SEVERAL loads from us this week.  Woohoo!  I feel great about it too!  Less stuff to deal with in the future.

One fun find that I am passing on to Hope is my sticker collection from when I was a kid.  I had been saving it for the past few "purges" so I could give it to Hope.  She loves stickers and she had fun going through all the different kinds of stickers in the box.


And can you believe, the scratch and sniff stickers still have scents?  She thought those were pretty cool!  LOL!




I had to crack up at the Michael Jackson glitter glove hand stickers.  LOL!


Obviously, my favorite fuzzy sticker was this guy.  :)


Also during my purge, I got rid of my pen pal letters from Jr. High with a girl in Hawaii.  I did try and google her, but I couldn't get anything to come up.

I also found my first paycheck from Hy-Vee, dated 4/20/1989.  I was making $3.60 an hour.  LOL!  My total check that week was only $12.78 (gross).  Why did I keep this all these years?  Good grief!

Hope went to KC this morning, along with the twins and Grandma Deloris.  This year my great niece Kendal will join the group for a few days of fun too.  I can't wait to hear all about the fun they had this week with Aunt Dee, Uncle Kirk, Grandma Deloris and Cousin Lauren.  Oh the memories!

Hope had a separate bag for her American Girl dolls.  They always go to the store in KC.  I am always curious what she will choose to buy with her money.



Tonights project was to start to clean out Hope's toy room and purge the toys she hasn't played with in the past year.  I am about half way through the room.  I always like to get it really organized, purge the garbage and hopefully I will end up with several boxes for Goodwill from this area too.

Hopefully before the end of the week I will have her room purged too.  

Joe and I are celebrating our 19th wedding anniversary (one week early) while Hope is in KC, so in honor of that I will share some fun cards for such an occasion.  









Since it is after midnight, I guess...good morning!  LOL!

Darla


No comments:

09 10